I found this awesome blog- it is called 12 Months of Lent. I came across it while on the Lulumon website - the blog is written by a woman in the Boston area who decided to take on a new challenge every month- kind of a cross between the fasting one makes for Lent and a resolution one would make for New Year’s. The idea is that you make only 30-day commitments to your challenges.
Boy- am I inspired. Here are some of my ideas-
- Buy 30 new pairs of shoes in 30 days.
- Adopt 30 kittens in 30 days.
- Eat 30 bowls of ice cream in 30 days.
- Drink 30 bottles of soda in 30 days.
- Make Chad take me out to eat everyday for a month. (Yay! No cooking!)
I showed my list to Chad who thought the concept of the challenge was great but he didn’t seem to like any of my ideas. He came up with his own list for me-
- Cook Chad 30 meals at home for 30 days.
- Give away 30 pairs of my shoes in the next 30 days.
- For 30 days, I don’t get to buy any makeup, magazines, nail polish or ice cream.
- Do all of Chad’s laundry for the next 30 days.
- Sell all of our cats in the next 30 days.
Um…I didn’t like his list either. We need to compromise somehow.
It is only June 18 – so we have a little over 10 days to think of things before the new month. Here are some of the ideas -
- No procrastinating for 30 days. (impossible)
- No TV for 30 days. (unimaginable)
- Write in grateful journal everyday for 30 days. (We did this once but didn’t keep up with it)
- Keep the house organized for 30 days. (We can do that! I think)
- Eat no sweets, drink no soda, eat nothing white and eat more colors. (Chad has a big sweet tooth so this could be tough for him- and does no white include baked potatoes? )
Any ideas? I am going to spend the next year trying new challenges and see how it goes. Danne, the blogger from 12 Months of Lent has been doing this for 4 years. She has said that her life has become more fulfilling and more purposeful. Also that after 30 days things begin to become a habit and second nature. Here is a link to her article on the Lulumon website-
Once you read this and become inspired as I did- check out her blog too – she has a lot of great ideas-
Leave me some more ideas in the comments- or better yet- tell me what YOU are going to do for the next 30 days.