This easy 4-ingredient avocado fudge is the perfect treat for the health nuts in your life. Eating healthier has never tasted this good.
I don’t know about you, but when the holidays roll around I find myself spending lots of time in the kitchen baking various treats for gifts and get togethers. Why do we do this to ourselves?
Why do we spend so much time during the holiday season shopping, gifting, gathering with friends?
I have an easy and healthy solution for your baking and gifting needs.
This easy FOUR INGREDIENT avocado fudge requires only ten minute of your hands on time and your fridge will take care of the rest.
I will often alternate having either this avocado fudge or these homemade peanut butter cups in my fridge at all times. After all, a girl needs something healthier to satisfy that sweet chocolate tooth.
Regular chocolate fudge is super easy to make at home – most recipes are two ingredients with minimal hands on time. However, calories from using sweetened condensed milk can start to add up. Replace the heavy sugary condensed milk with coconut oil and ripe avocado.
The key is to use an avocado that is very ripe. Not overly ripe and black, but find an avocado that’s begining it’s stage from ripe to slight browning. It will be the easiest to work with texture wise and will not have over powering avocado flavor.
I also strongly suggest preparing this recipe using a double broiler. You can find one on Amazon for less than $20. I higly recommend if you do a lot of baking to invest in something a little heavier. I have had my Farberware Double Broiler for well over 20 years now and it’s still in great condition.
Feel free to ask a question in the comments or send me a message via Instagram (and follow me while you are there!)
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 1 very ripe avocado, peeled and pitted
- 1 teaspoon Stevia or other sugar (1 packet)
- Line an 8- x 8-inch baking pan with parchment paper.
- Mash together the chocolate chips and avocado.
- Add the chocolate mixture to a double broiler over medium high heat.
- Stir in the coconut oil.
- Continue to stir until the chocolate and coconut oil are melted and well blended.
- Add the sugar and continue to stir until well combined.
- Carefully pour the chocolate mixture into the prepared baking dish, using a rubber spatula to evenly spread the mixture.
- Refrigerate a minimum of 2 hours. (*see note for tips on cutting the fudge)
*To cut into fudge easier, run a sharp knife under hot water
*This post may contain affiliate links which are of no cost to you, the reader. Thank you for your support.*