These fresh blueberry cinnamon rolls are exactly what you need when unexpected guests drop by, or when you just want something quick and easy!
It’s Sunday morning and you plan to lounge around in your pajamas sipping on coffee, leisurely easing into the day. Suddenly, there’s a knock at the door – it’s your neighbors/in-laws/cousins/best friends and you suddenly remember you had planned a potluck breakfast with them. Aunt Dolly notices your house smells like last night’s salmon dinner instead of freshly baked French Toast and Candied Pecans.
In a panic, you try to mental sort through your pantry and fridge… It’s ok. You remember you have a fresh pint of blueberries, a container of cream cheese, and a tube of cinnamon rolls. You’ve got this.
You remember your favorite recipe from your new cookbook, the “Quick and Easy Vegetarian Cookbook”. Those Fresh Blueberry, Cream Cheese, and Cinnamon Rolls are your go to breakfast when you are in a hurry but want something sinfully delicious and crowd pleasing.
OK, you’re on to. That’s my new book which has just been released. In it you will find 75 fast and super simple recipes you can throw together whether your unexpected company shows up for breakfast, lunch, dinner, or even for a mid afternoon snack!
For years I have been making this Blueberry Biscuit Skillet for breakfast. It’s one of my most requested and favorited recipes in my house. This updated recipe is a twist on the classic using a store bought tube of cinnamon rolls and cream cheese, but the basics are the same.
I first coat the bottom of a 9×9 or 10×10 casserole dish with melted butter and brown sugar, then unroll the cinnamon rolls and slather on the cream cheese. Then add just a few fresh blueberries on top of the cream cheese and loosely roll the cinnamon rolls back up and place them on top of the butter brown sugar mixture. I sprinkle a few more blueberries on top, then bake.
These are so quick and easy you will not mind people stopping by unannounced (well, you won’t have to worry about what to serve – that morning hair is another story).
- Preheat the oven to 375°F
- In a glass measuring cup, mix the butter and brown sugar, and heat in the microwave in 10-second increments until the butter is melted, stirring between each increment. Pour into a 9-by-9-inch square baking dish.
- Roll out the cinnamon-roll dough to about 1/4 inch thick and scoop dollops of whipped cream cheese over each roll, then scatter the blueberries over the cream cheese.
- Roll the dough back up and slice into 1-inch rolls.
- Arrange the cinnamon rolls in a single layer over the melted butter and sugar.
- Bake until the cinnamon rolls are lightly golden, about 17 minutes (check after 15 minutes so the dough doesn't burn).
- Sift confectioners' sugar (if using) over the baked dish as a garnish.
**This post contains affiliate links. I only link to products that I use myself and believe in. Your support is greatly appreciated.**