Here’s my problem: you mix anything with cream cheese and I can make it disappear faster than a toupee in a hurricane. It’s a gift really. Why is it when you order a bagel at a coffee shop they give you like a tiny tablespoon of cream cheese? Who wants a bagel with a little cream cheese when you can have cream cheese with a little bagel? Anyway, enough about me and my unhealthy obsession with all things creamy and cheesy. Let’s talk the Super Bowl. More specifically, let’s talk Super Bowl FOOD.
I don’t like to spend Super Bowl Sunday in a bar with a rowdy bunch of football fans one shot away from a naked block run. I prefer to be relaxed at home, where I can rewind the funny Super Bowl ads to watch again and fast forward through all that game stuff. Unless the Eagles are playing. Then I will watch and scream at everything.
Spending the game at home also means I get to whip up all my favorite snacks – Cauliflower Buffalo Wings with Vegan Blue Cheese, and Spicy Roasted Chickpeas. And this year I am adding a Buffalo Blue Cheese Dip to the mix. It’s simple really – cream cheese, blue cheese, sour cream, mayonnaise, garlic, and hot sauce. I suppose this dip won’t win the trophy for healthiest dip, but it just may be a strong contender for fan favorite.
You are only a food processor and two hours of chill time away from the Tom Brady of Super Bowl foods; the G.O.A.T. of creamy dips, a successful hail Mary on 4th down.
What you use to dip the dip with is up to you. While I will just use a very large shovel straight out of the bowl, I am sure you and your family aren’t bottom feeding varmints like me. I recommend celery sticks and/or pretzel chips.
And if you want to be just a little healthier than me, you can swap the sour cream out with plain Greek yogurt, and use a Vegan or lite mayo in place of the full fat version. Enjoy.
- 1 1/2 cups cream cheese (an 8 oz. block)
- 1/2 cup sour cream (or full fat plain Greek yogurt)
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- salt and pepper to taste
- hot sauce (2 tbsp. - 1/4 cup, depending on your heat reference)
- 1 cup crumbled blue cheese
- 3 tbsp. scallions, sliced, green parts only
- celery, carrots, pretzel chips to dip
- Into the bowl of a food processor add the cream cheese, sour cream, mayonnaise, and minced garlic.
- Puree until well blended. Add salt, pepper, and sriracha sauce all to taste and puree again.
- Fold in the blue cheese crumbles.
- Transfer to serving dish and chill in the refrigerator for two hours to meld the flavors.
- Sprinkle with the scallions just before serving.
- Serve with celery, carrots, and pretzel chips.
**This post contains affiliate links. I only link to products that I use myself and believe in. Your support is greatly appreciated.**