Healthy breakfast on the go. These egg muffin bites are simple to make and will store up to 5 days in the refrigerator for easy grab and go.
I am not a morning person. I prefer to start my day with a run, then a shower, then breakfast. By the time I get anything to eat it’s time to run out the door to a meeting or a photoshoot. Morning time for me is tight.
My go to breakfast tends to be a portable carton of cottage cheese or a red delicious apple. Something quick, something easy. If I have time on the weekend I will make a batch of No Almond Energy Bites or Coffee Protein Bites for an easy grab and go breakfast.
Then I came across these healthy and easy egg muffin bites. Game changer. Grab your egg muffin and get out the door.
Mix-ins are easy as well. I always grab pre chopped veggies at the grocery store – peppers, tomatoes, onions, whatever is available.
My most important tip is to spray the muffin tin well so the eggs don’t stick. I prefer not to use cupcake liners, I think they cook better straight in the pan.
Keep these in an airtight container and store in the refrigerator for up to 5 days.
- olive oil spray
- 6 large eggs
- 2 tablespoons of water
- mix ins- diced peppers, tomatoes, onions, spinach, ham, bacon, etc.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Spray a 6-cup muffin tin liberally with olive oil spray.
- In a medium bowl, whisk the eggs with water.
- Add vegetable or meat mix-ins and stir.
- Divide the egg mixture into the muffin pan.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 20 minutes, or until the eggs or golden and puffy.
- Remove the egg muffins from the pan and set on a cooling rack.
- Serve immediately or store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 5 days.