It’s almost time for the kids to go back to school. Hold on to summer just a little longer with this easy 3-ingredient Grape Soda Sherbet.
For the last week, my entire Facebook feed has been nothing but my Florida friends posting pictures of the kids going back to school. Here in North Carolina, school doesn’t start until the last week of August so there are a few more weeks of summer to squeeze out.
An an adult, one of my favorite summer treats is any cold beverage I can sneak a couple (or a handful) of frozen grapes into like this Homemade Fruit Shrub Soda.
However, kids aren’t into sophisticated drinks like we are. But there is one thing all kids like- Grape Soda. Does anyone remember Carl’s grape soda merit badge from the movie UP? There was even a grape soda cupcake at Walt Disney World last fall, complete with grape pop rocks in the center.
Anyway, before the kids say goodbye to another fast moving summer- here is an easy three ingredient recipe for Grape Sherbet. Not a fan of grape soda? Substitute the grape soda with orange soda, root beer, or any other soda of your choice.
The whole process is about ten minutes hands on, including churning in the ice cream machine.
As a special surprise, I like to sprinkle grape flavored pop rocks over the grape soda sherbet to mimic soda pop bubbles.
- 2 cups grape soda**
- 1/2 cup sweetened condensed milk
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- Grape flavored pop rocks, optional
(Before you begin, be sure your ice cream maker insert is frozen and ready.)
1. In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the grape soda, sweetened condensed milk, and heavy cream.
2. Slowly pour into a prepared ice cream machine and churn until the mixture reaches the consistency of soft serve.
3. Transfer the mixture into a freezer safe container and freeze until firm, about 4 hours.
4. Before serving, sprinkle with grape flavored pop rocks to mimic soda bubbles.
** You can substitiute any other flavor of soda in place of the grape soda. Orange soda will taste similar to that of a creamsicle while root beer will be similar to a frozen root beer float.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.