So I am totally in this phase of making little bite sized snacks. Snacks you can pop into your mouth on the go. Snacks you can whip up in just a few minutes with minimal cleanup. Snacks that are healthy and filled with ingredients to give you energy. I made Almond Butter Energy Bites, followed by Maple Blueberry Oatmeal Energy Bites, and now I give you Matcha Green Tea and White Chocolate Protein Bites.
I keep these in the fridge and grab them as a quick pick-me-up mid afternoon or as I am running out the door in the morning. They are packed with energy-inducing ingredients such as powdered Matcha Green Tea and vanilla protein powder. There are plenty of healthy ingredients as well including almonds, coconut flakes and medjool dates. I added white chocolate morsels as well just to sweeten the bites up a bit more, though really the dates and the sweetened coconut flakes do a fine job on their own.
I am a big fan of snacks I can make quickly and easily. These Matcha Green Tea and White Chocolate Protein Bites I whipped up in less than 5 minutes and stashed them in the fridge until we were ready to enjoy them. Often times Mr. Beet and I find ourselves running out the door, racing against the clock and trying to beat traffic. Or I am working from home and hit that 3 o’clock slump and need something quick. I have become obsessed with protein bites.
I use my food processor to crumble the almonds, coconut flakes and dates, then add the coconut oil, vanilla protein powder and the Matcha powder. I throw the white chocolate morsels in before I roll the balls so they stay intact. It’s just so easy and fun to make.
- 1 cup raw almonds
- 1/2 cup sweetened coconut flakes
- 8 oz. approximately 12 medjool dates, pitted and halved
- 6 tbsp. melted virgin coconut oil
- 6 tsp. Matcha Green Tea Powder
- 1/4 cup vanilla protein powder
- 1/2 cup white chocolate morsels
- In the food processor bowl, add the almonds, coconut flakes and medjool dates. Pulse until ingredients are finely chopped.
- Add the melted coconut oil, Matcha Green Tea powder and vanilla protein powder. Pulse until well blended.
- Scoop the mixture into a medium sized mixing bowl and fold in the white chocolate morsels.
- Form the matcha mixture into bite sized balls with your fingers and place on a plate or baking sheet.
- Chill the bites in the fridge for at least an hour until the coconut oil solidifies.
Pin this recipe for later:
*This post contains affiliate inks- your support is greatly appreciated*