I made this Parmesan Crusted Salmon using Chosen Foods Coconut Oil Mayo. I ended up making a little extra of the mayo crust mixture to make these Parmesan Crusted Tomatoes.
Using only four ingredients, these were the easiest and tastiest tomatoes I have ever made at home. Then again, I am in love with any kind of roasted or broiled tomatoes.
So four ingredients – I mixed the mayo with grated parmesan cheese and breadcrumbs, then generously topped the tomatoes with the mayo mixture. The tomatoes baked at 400° for about 8 minutes, and bam…an easy side dish…done.
4- ingredient Parmesan Crusted Tomatoes
Yield: 4 tomato halves
Prep Time: 2 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 12 minutes
- 2 large tomatoes
- 1/2 cup Chosen Foods Coconut Oil Mayo
- 2 tbsp. grated parmesan cheese
- 3 tbsp. plain breadcrumbs
- Preheat oven to 400°
- Cut the stemmed top off the tomato.
- Cut a very small piece off the bottom of the tomato so that tomato will sit upright in the dish.
- Add the tomatoes to a glass baking dish.
- In a bowl, add the mayo, cheese and breadcrumbs until well blended.
- Generously top each tomato with the mayo mixture.
- Bake the tomatoes in the oven for 10 minutes, until the crust is golden.
Pin this recipe for later:
Wednesday 28th of June 2017
Roasted tomatoes...I am going to try this.
Friday 16th of June 2017
You are the one who started me on roasted tomatoes :-( I love them so MUCH that after they come out of the oven, I just start eating them until they are gone. I never have had the chance to use them in a recipe which was the reason I roasted them in the first place! I guess I just have to have an on-going batch in the oven :-)