(Editor: This Starbucks Pink Drink Copycat Recipe was originally posted on June 6, 2016 and was updated on May 21, 2020)
Do you remember back in the summer of 2016 when Starbucks introduced all these color drinks? It started with the Pink Drink, and then there was the Purple Drink, the Violet Drink, the Orange Drink, the Green Drink, and the Ombre Pink Drink. The Pink Drink made it on to the permanent Starbucks menu. It’s delicious, but it’s also easy to make at home. Here is my copycat version of the Starbucks Pink Drink copycat recipe.
What is the Pink Drink?
I am all about trying to copycat Starbucks drinks (check out my copycat Very Berry Hibiscus Refresher). Here is how the Pink Drink has been explained to me – it is the Strawberry Acai Refresher made with Coconut Milk instead of water.
My local Starbucks in Orlando is next door to both a Publix Supermarket and a Trader Joe’s, which made shopping for my Starbucks Pink Drink copycat recipe easy. I know all the refreshers are made with white grape juice and green coffee bean extract as a base. For the coffee extract I bought a bottle of green coffee bean extract in capsule form and just popped open the capsules, using the powder inside. I found mine at a health food store but Amazon sells the Green Coffee Bean Extract as a powder too.
The Starbucks Pink Drink copycat copycatrecipe garnish
Start by making a strawberry simple syrup using freeze dried strawberries. The key is to push the solids gently with a spoon through the fine mesh strainer to get a thicker and more concentrated syrup. And then you can take the leftover solid and use it as a topping for ice cream or oatmeal.
Most Starbucks garnish the Pink Drink with freeze dried strawberries, and some stores used blackberries. I like it both ways, but I prefer adding fresh strawberries.
The Starbucks Pink Drink copycat recipe
For the Strawberry Simple Syrup
- 1 cup Freeze Dried Strawberries
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 cups filtered water
- 1/2 - 1 tsp Green Coffee Bean powder,, or the powder of about four capsules broken open
- 1 tbsp Acai powder
For the Pink Drink
- 1 cups white grape juice*, see note
- 3 cups coconut milk
For the Garnish
- 1/2 cup fresh sliced strawberries,, you substitute freeze dried
- Add the freeze dried strawberries, sugar, filtered water, the green coffee bean powder, and the Acai powder to a saucepan and bring to a boil.
- Simmer for ten minutes to create a syrup. (note: The sugar will dissolve while the green bean coffee powder and Acai powder will not)
- Pour the strawberry mixture into a fine mesh strainer, capturing the syrup in a wide lipped cup or bowl. (optional: you can get extra liquid out of the berries by gently pushing the berries into the strainer with the back of a spoon)
- Allow the syrup to cool, 30-45 minutes. You should have slightly over two cups of the syrup.
- To a 2-quart pitcher, add the strawberry syrup** (see note), 2 cups white grape juice, and the 3 cups of coconut milk. Store in the fridge until ready to drink.
- Top with the fresh strawberries reserved for the garnish and/or blackberries, if using.
- To be Starbucks authentic when serving, add some of the Strawberry Acai Refresher and some ice to a cocktail shaker and vigorously shake before pouring into the serving glass.
* I prefer substituting filtered water for the grape juice as the juice makes the drink very sweet.
** You can adjust the strawberry syrup depending on how strong or weak you want the drink to be.
***This post contains affiliate links. I only link to products that I use myself and believe in. Your support is greatly appreciated.*** Check out my other Starbucks copycat recipes- just click on any image for the recipe.