(Editor: This Strawberry Acai Refresher recipe post was originally published on July 20, 2016 and was updated May 12, 2020)
I have been on this major Starbucks kick lately. I have never realized the enormous variety of drinks they offer- from highly caffeinated espresso lattes to coffee bean Frappuccinos to iced fruit refreshers. One of my favorites is the Strawberry Acai Refresher.
The Refresher Craze
Back in 2016, while I was trying to recreate the Pink Drink at home, I learned about one of the newer Refresher flavors. The Refresher craze started with the Cool Lime Refresher, then Starbucks introduced the Very Berry Hibiscus Refresher and the Valencia Orange Refresher. While new flavors are introduced seasonally, it seems the Strawberry Acai Refresher is a mainstay on the Starbucks menu.
Perfect for Summer
I love these Refreshers- they are just so perfect in the summer – icy, cold, and fruity. But I have a hard time ordering these at Starbucks because (a) they are fairly expensive and (b) I feel like they are just so watered down for the price. So what’s a girl to do? Make our own of course! So here is my version of the Strawberry Acai Refresher recipe.
The Strawberry Acai Refresher basics
I already tackled the Very Berry Hibiscus Refresher, so now it is time to make the newest flavor- the Strawberry Acai Refresher. It’s very easy to make at home, but not as convenient as one may think. Mainly just because you have to go on a bit of a hunt for the freeze-dried strawberries, green coffee bean powder, and Acai powder. However, once you find these, making the Strawberry Acai Refresher recipe is very simple. And once you buy these products, you will many uses out of them, or at least many glasses of this delicious and refreshing drink!
The Strawberry Acai Refresher Recipe
For the Strawberry Simple Syrup
- 2 cups Freeze Dried or fresh sliced Strawberries
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 cups filtered water
- 1 tsp Green Coffee Bean Powder
- 1 tbsp Acai Powder
For the Strawberry Refresher
- 1 cup cold filtered water
- 1 cup white grape juice
- ice, for serving
For the Garnish
- freeze-dried or fresh strawberries, for garnish
- Add the freeze dried strawberries, sugar, 2 cups filtered water, the green coffee bean powder, and the Acai powder to a saucepan and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer for ten minutes.
- Pour through a fine mesh strainer, pushing on the fruit with the back of a spoon to extract the liquid, capturing the syrup in a wide lipped cup or bowl.
- Allow the syrup to cool, 30-45 minutes. .
- To a large pitcher, add the strawberry syrup, 2 cups of cold filtered water, and white grape juice.
- To serve, add ice to a cocktail shaker and add enough refresher for one drink. Top with freeze dried or fresh strawberries.
- Shake vigorously and pour into serving glass.
* I prefer substituting filtered water for the grape juice as the juice makes the drink very sweet.
**This post contains affiliate links. I only link to products that I use myself and believe in. Your support is greatly appreciated.**