A raw and Vegan recipe by SarahFae from AddictedtoVeggies.com.
Prep Time 15 minutes
Total Time 15 minutes
- 1 c packed Shredded Red Beet
- 1 c Cashews, soaked 2 hours
- 5 Tbsp Ground Sunflower Seeds, OR Ground Flax seed
- 4 Tbsp Unpasteurized Mellow White Miso
- 2 tsp Onion powder
- 1 tsp dried Oregano
- 1/4 tsp ground Celery Seed
- 1 tsp dried Chive
- 1/2 tsp Cumin
- 2 pinches Garlic Granules
- 2 pinches Ground Black Pepper
Place all of the above ingredients into food processor. Process until mixed and ground evenly, do not over process! You don't want a paste, just a nice evenly ground texture.
Form beet mixture into burger size patties.
We used regular miso instead of the Mellow White Miso and bottled chopped garlic instead of the garlic granules and they both worked very well.
I also did not include the two hours of time it takes to soak the cashews in the prep time. All you have to do is soak the cashews in a bowl of water, thus not requiring any effort or other preparation.