Roasted Olives with Fennel, Citrus, and Rosemary
I bought simple jarred and canned olives but feel free to use any type of olives you prefer. Make sure the olives you use are pitted however.
Prep Time 3 minutes
Cook Time 15 minutes
Total Time 18 minutes
- 1 cup green olives with pimentos
- 1 cup pitted black olives
- 1 cup green olives stuffed with blue cheese**
- 3 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 tsp dried oregano or Italian seasoning
- 1/2 tsp dried fennel seed
- 1/2 tsp red pepper flakes
- pinch of salt and pepper
- 3-4 large sprigs fresh rosemary
- juice of 1/2 orange
- zest of 1/2 orange
- 1/4 cup fresh minced parsley
Preheat oven to 450°
In a medium mixing bowl, toss the olives with the olive oil, garlic, oregano, fennel seed, red pepper flakes, salt and pepper.
Pour the olive mix into a shallow baking dish, try to create a single layer across the pan.
Pour the fresh orange juice over the olives and lightly shake pan to lightly coat the olives with the juice.
Add 3-4 rosemary sprigs on top of the olives.
Roast the olives for about 15 minutes. Remove from oven just as the skins of the olives begin to crinkle.
Transfer the olives (careful: hot!) to your serving dish. Top olives with orange zest and minced parsley. Serve olives warm.
**Subsitiute olives stuffed with blue cheese for olives stuffed with garlic to make the recipe vegan