Houston’s Kale Salad with Peanut Dressing
Based on the delicious side at the Houston's restaurant chain.
Prep Time 10 minutes
Total Time 10 minutes
For the dressing:
- 3/4 cup Peanut oil
- 1/4 cup rice wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 tablespoon dry mustard
- 1 teaspoon Worchestershire sauce
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon water
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
For the salad:
- 2 1/2 cups curly kale, chopped into bite sized pieces
- 1 1/2 cups shredded green cabbage
- 10 mint leaves, chiffonade
- 1/4 of a bunch of fresh cilantro leaves, finely chopped
- 3/4 cup unsalted dry roasted peanuts, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup whole dry roasted peanuts
- 1/2 cup fresh grated parmesan cheese
Combine the ingredients for the dressing together in a jar and shake until blended.
Place the kale, cabbage, mint, cilantro and chopped peanuts in a bowl and toss well with the dressing. Let sit for 5-10 minutes to allow the flavors to blend.
Sprinkle the whole dry roasted peanuts and parmesan cheese just before serving.