I may have been one of the only kids in the world that would not only eat Brussels sprouts, but I would ask for them. I am pretty sure marinated brussels sprouts is the first recipe I asked my Mom for when I had a place of my own. I absolutely love these. And they are perfect for the summer. Especially as my contribution to this week’s Sunday Supper Movement event- Summer’s Best Potluck Dishes.
This is the dish growing up that started my love for Brussels sprouts and now I eat them at least twice a week. I should really contemplate changing the name of the blog to Beauty and the Sprouts. My Mom would marinate Brussels sprouts for Thanksgiving, my birthday and pretty much all summer. Even as adults, this was one of the most requested dishes when we would gather at Thanksgiving. Well, these and green bean casserole with tons of bacon, but that’s for another post.
The original marinated sprouts recipe that was passed down to me listed vegetable oil as one of the ingredients in the marinade, and while I have made them exactly as the recipe stated in the past, this time I decided to change them up slightly for the summer months ahead. I swapped out the vegetable oil for pure extra-virgin olive oil and while it did not affect the flavor significantly, it did really lighten up the overall dish. I also added some broccoli, carrots and cauliflower for a little variety.
I promise you, you have never had Brussels sprouts like this. After you cook the veggies (right from a frozen bag), they marinate in a tarragon vinegar marinade. The longer they marinate, the better the flavor. And they are portable – picnic, potluck, party- where ever, they don’t need to be re-cooked or kept warm.
I stash these in the fridge and graze on them throughout the week, though they only last a few days in my house. I am addicted.
Pin this for later:
And please enjoy some of the other recipes from the Sunday Supper Summer’s Best Potluck Dishes:
- Calamari salad with fennel and avocado by Caroline’s Cooking
- Coronation Chicken Deviled Eggs by Food Lust People Love
- Creamy Ranch Tortilla Pinwheels with Roasted Red Peppers by Dizzy Busy and Hungry
- Roasted Corn Salsa by Casa de Crews
- Walnut Grapes by Eat, Drink and Be Tracy
- Watermelon Salad with Feta Cheese and Mint by April Golightly
Sides and Salads
- Amish Broccoli and Cauliflower Salad by My World Simplified
- Antipasto Pasta Salad by A Mind “Full” Mom
- Arugula Pesto Pasta Salad with Grilled Chicken by Hardly A Goddess
- Cheddar Bacon Ranch Potato Salad by Cupcakes & Kale Chips
- Chopped Caprese Salad by Angels Home Sweet Homestead
- Crunchy Coleslaw by A Day in the Life on the Farm
- Cumin Scented Quinoa with Black Bean and Corn Salsa by The Hungry Goddess
- Easy Summer Chickpea Salad by She Loves Biscotti
- Elotes by Culinary Adventures with Camilla
- Frog Eye Salad by Turnips 2 Tangerines
- Gluten Free Grilled Corn Salad by Gluten Free Crumbley
- Layered Salad with Green Goddess Dressing by Delaware Girl Eats
- No Mayo Potato Salad by Simple and Savory
- Roasted Vegetable Couscous Salad by My Life Cookbook
- Spaghetti Salad with Italian Dressing by Kitchen Gidget
- Summer Grain Salad by Pook’s Pantry
- Summer Tortellini Salad by Palatable Pastime
- Tarragon Marinated Brussels Sprouts by Beauty and the Beets
- Steve’s Fried Chicken by Monica’s Table
- Blueberry Ginger Parfaits by Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Blueberry Slab Pie by The Chef Next Door
- Caramel Icebox Cake by Cookin’ Mimi
- Caramel “Doughnut” Cake by What Smells So Good?
- Cherry Crumb Bars by The Redhead Baker
- Chocolate Eclair Cake by Tramplingrose: Cooking, Baking & Ranting in Small-Town South Dakota
- Coconut Lime Ice Cream by Cosmopolitan Cornbread
- Cookie Butter Caramel Swirl Brownies by Grumpy’s Honeybunch
- Double Chocolate Blondies by Family Around The Table
- Frozen Champagne Salad by Moore or Less Cooking
- How to make a Pineapple Summer Cake by Asian In America
- Lemon Icebox Bars by Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Mini Strawberry-Rhubarb Crisps with Coconut by The Wimpy Vegetarian
- No-Bake Summer Berry Cream Cheese Tarts by Magnolia Days
- Peach Dumplings by Fantastical Sharing of Recipes
- Peanut Butter Bars by Confessions of a Cooking Diva
- S’mores Blondies by Alida’s Kitchen
- Strawberry Pretzel Pie by My Imperfect Kitchen
- Summertime S’Mores by The Freshman Cook
- Triple Peanut Butter Cookies by Cooking With Carlee
- White Sheet Cake by That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Whole Wheat Strawberry Galette by The Bitter Side of Sweet
Plus Lemon Yogurt Pound Cake and Best Potluck Dishes from Sunday Supper Movement
Join the #SundaySupper conversation on twitter on Sunday! We tweet throughout the day and share recipes from all over the world. Our weekly chat starts at 7:00 pm ET. Follow the #SundaySupper hashtag and remember to include it in your tweets to join in the chat. To get more great Sunday Supper Recipes, visit our website or check out our Pinterest board.
Would you like to join the Sunday Supper Movement? It’s easy. You can sign up by clicking here: Sunday Supper Movement