Pumpkin pumpkin everywhere. It’s Fall. The leaves are changing, the air is chillier and pumpkin-flavored everything is everywhere. I even broke down and made these Pumpkin Spice Latte Bites just a few weeks ago. And now I have a recipe for these 2-ingredient pumpkin brownies.
I have said before that I am not much of a baker. I am, however, slowly trying to become better. But I admit, the easier the recipe, the more likely I am to bake and enjoy the process. Two years ago I made 2-ingredient black bean brownies. And they didn’t last in my house very long so I think that means they were quite tasty.
And now, here is the easiest pumpkin brownie recipe – the 2-ingredient pumpkin brownies recipe. This recipe has been passed around the internet so I can’t pinpoint the original source, but I can tell you they are pretty pumpkin-y delicious. And your family will think you have some mad baking skills. ‘Cause you do. I won’t tell anyone how easy these are.
Very simply, open a can of pumpkin puree, mix it up with some boxed brownies mix and voila – you’ve got brownies. Pumpkin brownies.
And while pumpkin is pretty much the main ingredient, the pumpkin flavor is not overpowering. It’s a nice mix of chocolate fudginess and pumpkin. However, if you want a big pumpkin-y flavor, add about 1/4 teaspoon of pumpkin pie spice into the batter before baking. And be sure to use pure pumpkin puree as opposed to canned pumpkin pie filling.
- 1-15 oz. can of pumpkin puree, (not pumpkin pie filling)
- 1 box brownie mix, 18-20 oz.
- Preheat oven to 350° Grease a 13x9 baking dish.
- Mix the pumpkin puree and brownie mix in a large mixing bowl. Stir until ingredients are well blended. Pout the batter into the baking dish.
- Bake 24-26 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the middle of the dish comes out clean.
Pin this recipe for later: