(Editor: This Cool Lime Refresher copycat recipe post was originally published on September 3, 2013 and was updated February 24, 2021)
Starbucks introduced their über popular refresher beverages in 2012. It all started with the Cool Lime and the Very Berry Hibiscus flavor, both of which were retired several years ago and replaced with the Strawberry Acai and Mango Dragonfruit Refreshers.
The Cool Lime Refresher copycat recipe is made with lime juice infused with cucumber and mint. The refreshers have a little punch of natural caffeine from green coffee extract. It’s the perfect mid-day pick me up without too much caffeine to keep one up all night.
While many of you replace the refresher drinks with Pumpkin Spice as the weather gets colder, I am just not willing to let go. Especially of the discontinued flavors.
The Cool Lime Refresher copycat recipe is a cross between a sweet lemonade and a tart limeade. Add a little mint, cucumber, and caffeine, and it becomes a coffee lover’s summer dream.
Full recipe below post.
First, add 1 cup of peeled and diced cucumbers and 1/2 cup of finely chopped mint leaves into 3 cups of water. Store in a container with a lid and place in the fridge (this can be done up to 24 hours ahead of time- the longer the water mixes with the cucumber and mint, the better.)
Second, add 1 cup of sugar (or sugar substitute) and 1 tablespoon of green coffee bean powder to 1 cup of boiling water to create a simple syrup. Stir until the sugar is dissolved.
Drain the cucumber/mint water over a strainer, saving the water. (The cucumber/mint mixture can be discarded.) Add the cucumber/mint water into a large pitcher, add the simple syrup and the juice of about 15 limes***.
Add 2 cups of white grape juice and an additional 2 cups of cold water and stir well. Serve immediately over ice or let the mixture sit in the fridge so the flavors all mix.
- 1 cup peeled and diced cucumbers
- 1/2 cup fresh mint leaves, finely chopped
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup filtered water,
- 2 teaspoons Green Bean coffee powder, optional
- 1 1/2 cups Fresh lime juice, (about 10 limes yields one cup of lime juice, 1 1/2 cups = 15 limes)**
- 1 cup white grape juice
- 4 cups cold filtered water, divided
- Add 1 cup of peeled and diced cucumbers, 1/2 cup of finely chopped mint leaves, and 3 cups of water into a large lidded container.
- Place container in the fridge (a minimum of 2 hours but this can be done up to 24 hours ahead of time- the longer the water mixes with the cucumber and mint, the better.)
- Add 1 cup of sugar to 1 cup of water in a post on the stove to create a simple syrup.
- Heat and stir until the sugar is dissolved.
- Add the Green Bean Coffee Powder and stir.
- Remove from heat and let cool.
- Drain the cucumber/mint water over a strainer, saving the water.
- Add the cucumber/mint water into a large pitcher, add the simple syrup and the lime juice.
- Add the white grape juice and an additional 1 cup of cold water and stir well.
- Serve immediately over ice or let the mixture sit in the fridge so the flavors all mix.
**You may want to cheat and buy a bottle of lime juice instead squeezing all those limes. I highly recommend NOT using the bottled stuff as it tends to be highly tart and concentrated.
From the Beauty and the Beets collection of Starbucks copycat recipes:
**This post contains affiliate links. I only link to products that I use myself and believe in. Your support is greatly appreciated.**