When Mr. Beet travels, there’s one place he will eat at almost everyday – Chick fil A. And he’s a Vegetarian so he doesn’t eat chicken. Did you know about the Chick fil A Vegetarian Wrap?
It’s a secret Chick fil A menu item nobody knows about.
Mr. Beet fell into this secret menu item by accident. He asked for the Grilled Cool Wrap without the chicken, and the Chick fil A team member told him about this top secret menu item. Now it’s his go to meal. A Chick fil A Vegetarian wrap with a side of waffle fries.
I had no idea how secret this wrap was until I started talking to some of my veggie and plant-based eating friends. They simply did not go to Chick fil A, because one cannot live on waffle fries alone. (I find this statement to be debatable)
So what is this Chick fil A Vegetarian wrap?
So, you ask, what exactly is this Chick fil A Vegetarian wrap that nobody knows anything about? You take the red and green lettuce, shredded green cabbage, Monterey Jack and Cheddar cheese already in the Grilled Cool Wrap, leave out the chicken, and add black beans, corn, and diced tomatoes. Served with the Avocado Lime Ranch dressing on the side. Some stores make it differently so you may want to verify they will add the beans, corn, and tomatoes.
I see you drooling.
The wrap can also be Vegan if you order it without cheese and the Avocado Lime Ranch dressing.
Make the Vegetarian wrap at home.
Here I have created the Chick fil A Vegetarian Wrap copycat recipe for you to make this at home, complete with my homemade version of the Avocado Lime Ranch dressing. In case a visit to Chick fil A just isn’t your thing anyway.
The recipe can easily be made Vegan either by using plain Vegan yogurt or Vegan mayonnaise in place of the Greek yogurt.
- 4 10" soft flour or flax seed tortilla
- 1 cup shredded lettuce
- 1/2 cup shredded green cabbage
- 1 cup shredded Monterey Jack and Cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1/2 cup corn, if using canned, drain
- 1/2 cup diced tomatoes
Avocado Lime Ranch dressing
- 1 large avocado, skin removed, halved, and seeded
- 1/4 cup plain nonfat Greek yogurt
- 2 tsp lime juice
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 tsp white vinegar
- 1/2 tsp dried parsley
- 1/2 tsp dried dill
- 1/2 tsp dried chives
- 1/2 tsp dried onion
- pinch salt
Make the Avocado Lime Ranch dressing
- In a food processor, combine all the ingredients in the Avocado Lime Ranch dressing and pulse until pureed.
Assemble the Vegetarian wrap
- Layer two tortillas on top of each other and lay on a flat surface.
- Spread 1-2 tbsp of the Avocado Lime Ranch dressing across the top tortilla.
- Layer the shredded lettuce, cabbage, cheese, black beans, corn, and tomatoes over the Avocado Lime Ranch dressing on the tortilla.
- Pull the bottom part of the tortilla to meet the top half, then carefully slide the top half back to grab the filling.
- Fold both sides in, then tightly roll the tortilla.
- Cut the wrap in half and enjoy.
Watch this fun video to learn how to roll your wrap perfectly. Huff Post The Right Way to Wrap a Burrito
Learn more about Chick fil A here.