Happy Labor Day- it’s Meatless Monday as well. I wanted to share with you a great program many of you may find to be helpful. Especially if you are a Vegetarian. We know how hard it is sometimes to stick to a diet regime when you are busy and always on the go.
Introducing Fresh Meal Plan. I was invited to sample a three-day supply of their 3-meal plan (and desserts) recently. I want to disclose the fact that while my three day membership was complimentary, all opinions published here are my own.
As promised, I received two large cooler bags on my front porch early Monday morning. The bags contained all my food for the next three days, including breakfast, lunch, dinner and desserts. It was a lot of containers- but any were easy enough to stick into my cooler and tote to work. I think besides easy portability, one of my most favorite things are the whole ingredients used in each meal- no weird words I couldn’t pronounce or have to look up online to figure out what it was.
The first day I had a Margarita Breakfast Pizza for breakfast, a White Wine Portabella Mushroom for lunch and a Crispy BBQ Tofu with a pita for dinner.
The white wine portabella contained orzo, asparagus and apricots in it. I loved the combination of the mushroom and apricots!
For dessert I had a PB Banana Mellow Parfait. I was given three of these and they were supposed to be eaten as a snack during the day but I saved mine for dessert.
I was given a tray of desserts which I ate as snacks over the course of three days!
Day two included Cinnamon Streusel French Toast for breakfast, Truffle Lobster Mac and Cheese for lunch and a Kimchee Veggie Taco for dinner.
The lobster mac was a nice little treat except that it contained lobster. I am sure this was just an oversight that it was sent to me in the Vegetarian plan- I do eat fish on occasion and I definitely gave this a try. It was rich and cheesy. Fabulous- if you eat fish. If I were a super strict Vegetarian this may have really made me upset. However, I have had excellent communication with everyone over at Fresh Meal Plan so I am sure that they would have been happy to fix this oversight.
On the third day I enjoyed an egg, cheese and hash brown English muffin for breakfast, a Caribbean Beach Salad for lunch and another white wine portabella for dinner.
Everything was delicious and each dish had something unexpected added to it whether it was hash browns added to the egg and cheese breakfast or raspberries added to the French toast.
So here are some bullet points on the meal plan:
- No long term commitments
- No bag deposit fees
- No hidden charges
- Weekly billing instead of bi-weekly or monthly
- Convenient “Sign and Eat”
I didn’t go through the process of picking my meals as I was on a complimentary plan but I went through the steps online to see how easy it would be and it was incredibly simple.
Other worthy notes:
- All meals are placed into convenient containers. Easy to put into your lunch tote and go from fridge to microwave or oven (up to 250°)
- The Fresh Meal Plan culinary team is headed up by Culinary Institute of America graduate and world-renowned Chef Patrick Delaney.
- Fresh Meal Plan is the official meal plan provider for the Miami Dolphins.
- Currently, Fresh Meal Plan is available in Southeastern Florida and just recently has expanded into the Greater Orlando Metropolitan Area.
- With meals at less than $8 each, this is a perfect option for those who are on the go and have no time to be in the kitchen. Or if you live alone and hate to shop and cook for just one person.
- There are three plans to choose from- Traditional, Paleo and Vegetarian. There is also an option to customize your plan to work around allergies and dislikes. I was extremely pleased with the variety of food in the Vegetarian plan.
I told Chad this would also be perfect the next time we are down in Miami for a week. We could just request meals to be sent to our hotel for the week so we can just heat and go. A great way to avoid fast food restaurants and expensive restaurants while out of town, right?
For more information visit Fresh Meal Plan here. (Note: This is not an affiliate link.)